5.06.2008

Multicultural Group's Big Audition

The church I attend was having tryouts for a Rock Band competition and then will be holding an event in a few weeks featuring four of the best bands to battle it out on stage! Me and my friends Christian, Julie C. and Julie T. all decided to form our own band, which soon became the birth of Multicultural Group. After about three hours of practicing during the span of a couple of months we waited for the tryouts with great anticipation. When that day had finally arrived we all headed over to the church with HIGH EXPECTATIONS of making it to the final round. I want to thank my good pal Ray for taking most of these photographs, and of course, my arch nemesis Marcus for recording the amazing grand finale of this blog!






Photobucket
I really wanted Armor All® to sponsor our band, but those jerks would only agree to give us our big break if we dressed up as Vikings.





Photobucket
So I says, "FORGET THOSE CHUMPS WITH THEIR STERILIZED VEHICLE INTERIORS!!! I'M GOIN' AS A MEXICAN!!!"





Photobucket
Julie busts out her Japanese komono.....





Photobucket
.....and Christian shows off his fancy Austrian hat.





Photobucket
I like to show off my Jabba The Hut neck whenever I get the chance.





Photobucket
Julie is ready for an evening of some good ol' fashion rockin' fun!





Photobucket
But Marcus knew there wasn't any time for fun if he and his own band were going to make the finals. This was going to be a crucial point in his Rock Band career and so he didn't loose focus.





Photobucket
I, however, kept focusing straight at the camera lens.





Photobucket
Then I took the camera from Ray so he could have a turn.





Photobucket
I appear to look angelic but my plan was to deceive my competition and then ROCK THEIR FACES OFF!!!





Photobucket
Ray was in awe of my angelic presence... or it might have been the food from Pizza Hut.





Photobucket
Marcus puts on his rockin' attire.





Photobucket
Both of us are clearly ready for rockin'.





Photobucket
Julie T. showed up to complete our band for the audition!





Photobucket
Christian is pleased to see our band coming together for this historical event.





Photobucket
I ate too many Pizza Hut bread sticks so I took a nap.





Photobucket
Julie T. probably thought it was cute or something.





Photobucket
Then I woke up from having a nightmare of being dipped in a huge tub of scolding Marinara sauce.





Photobucket
Julie T. dressed up as a leprechaun and we were all finally ready to do a little bit of practicing in the lobby.





Photobucket
I overcame my fear of Marinara sauce and was ready to go!





Photobucket
Christian finds his rhythm on the drums.





Photobucket
Julie T. got her groove.





Photobucket
I acted like I knew what I was doing and probably would have done better without my fake X-ray goggles.





Photobucket
Multicultural Group concentrates on the game from start.....





Photobucket
.....to finish.





Photobucket
Multicultural Group surrounds Marcus and he pretends that he's not scared of us.





Photobucket
Most of us show off our Armor All® Viking faces!





Photobucket
Then I reenacted my elementary school yearbook photo.





Photobucket
Me and the plastic guitar pose for a somewhat artsy shot.





Photobucket
Christian makes sure that our band is on the audition list...otherwise there's gonna be trouble!





Photobucket
.....while I do my best not to drown in a fake ocean.





Photobucket
It's almost time for the audition.....





Photobucket
.....and I guess I need to conserve my energy.





Photobucket
Christian is ready to get this thing over with.





Photobucket
Julie T. is excited about her Galway license plate.





Photobucket
We're on in just a few minutes.





Photobucket
And I can hardly contain my energy!





Photobucket
And Christian was so excited he actually fell over.





Photobucket
The judges are ready to see what Multicultural Group has to offer, but we couldn't play the song we originally planned because of technical difficulties. Nevertheless, the show must go on and so we had to choose a different song and show them what we got! We preformed "I Think I'm Paranoid" by Garbage instead of our first choice, which was "All The Small Things" by Blink-182.





Photobucket
Me and Julie kick it off.





Photobucket
The judges study our every move.





Photobucket
Julie T. concentrates as hard as she can while playing on medium for the first time.





Photobucket
My sombrero couldn't handle my awesome Caucasian/Mexican dance moves.





Photobucket
Me and Julie continue to rock it out.





Photobucket
While Christian and Julie T. are keeping up with the groove.





Photobucket
We just finished the song without getting booed!





Photobucket
And now we have to listen to the harsh critiques from the judges.





Photobucket
Our performance may not have gone as good as we would have liked, but we all jumped for joy anyway.






So now it's the following night and we didn't make the final round for the competition. We felt like it was a little unfair that we didn't get to perform our original song, so Multicultural Group decided to play an EXCLUSIVE BRIGUYHOGIE BLOG PERFORMANCE for all of you BriGuyHogie blog fans! We hope you enjoy.





Again, I'd like to thank Ray and Marcus for documenting this monumental gathering! Thanks guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear [MultiCultural] Guy Named Brian,

Julie C. sent me here; I swear I'm not stalking you! Thanks a'million for yet another great pictorial story-telling. The lot of you have no idea how excited I was to see The Irish Republic [edit: Galway] represented!

I'm glad she went as a leprechaun and not the IRA.

Slan!
Julie's friend Cat