4.07.2009

Winter Summerland Mini Golf Excursion

If you've been following the blog adventures recently you might have noticed that I've been playing a lot of mini golf. There's a lot of courses in the Orlando area to choose from and I guess it's just something to do...so that's what I've been doing. Robert and Ray also like to play the occasional game of putt-putt, so we all wanted to try a course none of us have ever been to. We headed over to Walt Disney World to play at Winter Summerland Adventure Golf with high expectations. Sadly, the course turned out to be kinda lame, but that didn't stop me from taking some pictures. Here they are!





Photobucket
When we discovered this huge sign off to the side of the road we figured mini golf was in close proximity.





Photobucket
And then when I discovered a much smaller sign I was certain that mini golf was in a much more immediate vicinity.





Photobucket
Ray was getting a little impatient with the signs and just wanted to start playing already.





Photobucket
I also grew weary of the signs and was not having any fun at all.





Photobucket
It's finally time to start the game so Robert courageously went first.





Photobucket
I yelled inside this festive trailer hoping to be greeted by a few holiday gnomes whom would offer me some sugar cookies and egg nog, but either no one was home due to the fact that golf balls were constantly rolling inside of the place or that holiday gnomes do not actually exist.





Photobucket
Ray watches Robert put over a fake pond.





Photobucket
Since they weren't any holiday gnomes to be found at the trailer Ray takes it easy 'round back.





Photobucket
At first, I thought this cooler was kinda lame.....





Photobucket
.....but my impression quickly changed when the lid popped off.





Photobucket
Nothing frightens Ray more than a fake fire.





Photobucket
Me and Robert discovered the water grave of Louey...we'll miss that young duckling.





Photobucket
It appears Santa Clause is terrible at sledding without reindeer.





Photobucket
I tried to pull him out on the other end of the snow pile but he wasn't budging one bit.





Photobucket
Ray caught me in the act while I was jimmying the lock at the beverage shed.





Photobucket
This is my favorite thrill ride at Disney...and there's never a line!





Photobucket
I stay on the lookout for Disney villains while Robert digs a moat around the magical fake snow castle.





Photobucket
I do my best at blocking the putt-putt path.





Photobucket
Ray shows off some mad putt-putt skills.





Photobucket
Frozen Minnie was impressed and Ray tried his best to stay calm around a huge icy mouse.





Photobucket
Then Robert challenged frozen Mickey to a battle.....





Photobucket
.....and I sat back and watched the fight while frozen Pluto kept sniffing up my earlobe.





Photobucket
This ride wasn't as fun as the other thing by the fake snow castle, but there wasn't a line for this either so I couldn't complain all that much.





Photobucket
Ray sat next to this loser snowman for a picture.....





Photobucket
.....and then it started to squirt poisonous ice venom since I called it a loser.





Photobucket
We all became buddy buddy for a picture before I started calling the snowman a loser again.





Photobucket
It appears Ray's golf ball is heading up the North Pole.....





Photobucket
.....and it was intense.





Photobucket
Robert and I broke into some dude's house to try and find Santa, but we couldn't find him ANYWHERE!!!!!





Photobucket
It turns out old Kris Kringle needs to lay off the...well...EVERYTHING!!!!!





Photobucket
Ray was surprised Santa couldn't get out.....





Photobucket
.....a few minutes later Ray was taken aback by something else, which happened to be a bit more frightening.





Photobucket
What better way than to end a game of winter wonderland putt-putt than to be surprised with a brand new 1993 FrostByte personal computer for the holidays.





Photobucket
I was in awe of the realistic state of the art graphics and speedy 56k modem.





Photobucket
Ray was in awe of Santa Clause in the summertime.





Photobucket
Hooray...we're done. Someone asked if we wanted our picture taken next to this thing, so I gave the dude my camera.





Photobucket
Then we were hanging out in this fake sled and someone else asked if we wanted our picture taken in this thing, so I gave the other dude my camera.





Photobucket
We were still hanging out in the sled and another person asked if we wanted our picture taken in this thing, so I gave the next dude my camera.





Photobucket
Ray and Robert finally got out but I made myself comfortable for a while.





Photobucket
Then I got stuck somehow.





Photobucket
I kept arguing with Robert that he could never be a gymnast but he proved me wrong.





Photobucket
On our way out Ray was ticked at how lame the course was.....





Photobucket
.....Robert was glad it was over.....





Photobucket
.....and I was just confused by this felicitation since it's the month of April.





The End.

No comments: