5.21.2009

Fridge Cleaning Party '09

They Hyer House is kind of a funny place to live. One thing that has always been sort of funny (in a slightly annoying kinda way) is the refrigerator. It has accumulated quite a bit of food over the many years of it's existence containing several items that are possibly purchased and stored in the fridge by previous tenants of the house. No one really knows for sure about certain, but I had come to the conclusion that the majority of what is inside does not belong to any of the current roommates in the house. It was time to gather as many roommates as possible and throw a Fridge Cleaning Party for the evening and explore the depths within this massive kitchen appliance.






Photobucket
Josh is ready to tackle this bad boy.





Photobucket
Ready, GO!





Photobucket
Javan grabs a plastic bag prepares for the worst.





Photobucket
Josh shows me and Javan his thorough process on deciding whether or not to keep each item in the refrigerator. We told him if it looks bad just throw it out!





Photobucket
For example, there is a brown carrot in this bag. EEEWWWWWWW.....





Photobucket
Not sure what this was, but it was stuck on there real good.





Photobucket
Javan could barely watch.





Photobucket
Judging by Josh's face this must have smelled yummers.





Photobucket
The vegetable broth won 1st place.....





Photobucket
.....for the "Longest Expired Food Award" as we cleaned.





Photobucket
Josh and I were having way too fun cleaning.





Photobucket
Javan didn't know what to think about it.





Photobucket
I'm not sure if something scared me or made me laugh.





Photobucket
Now I'm just being loud.





Photobucket
Black salad is never a good thing. EEEWWWWWWW.....





Photobucket
I was gagging from some kind of smell...possibly the black salad.





Photobucket
I ran to the back door for some air.





Photobucket
It took a while for me to recoup from the mystery odor.





Photobucket
EEEWWWWWWW.....expired ground turkey.....EEEWWWWWWW.....





Photobucket
We thought we were doing a good job cleaning out everything, but we had only scratched the surface.





Photobucket
Javan takes out a second bag full of stuff to the trash cans.





Photobucket
FRENCH FRY!!!!!





Photobucket
Josh and I continued to work our way into the belly of the beast.





Photobucket
I feared for my life while handing a few things that were stored in the freezer.





Photobucket
No one knew what this was but it was crusty.





Photobucket
EEEWWWWWWW.....





Photobucket
Josh tried some old ice cream thinking that this couldn't possibly go bad.....





Photobucket
.....but apparently it wasn't too good and he ran to the sink.





Photobucket
Then he washed that awful taste out with some Caribbean Rum.





Photobucket
Fridge Cleaning Party '09 is over!





Photobucket
TKO!





To be continued? Maybe.

3 comments:

jay said...

ewwwwww

Unknown said...

I miss that fridge...

KristenHoward said...

I was seriously hysterical looking at this blog post. My favorite is how the vegetable broth says 1/3 less sodium than their regular product...love when companies insult their own products.