3.17.2010

Strawberry Fair Delight

Liz and I set out on an adventure to Plant City, Florida to explore the wondrous event known as the Florida Strawberry Festival in observance of 75 spectacular years!





Photobucket
I knew we made it to the right place when I saw this sign.





Photobucket
We have our tickets and are ready to go!





Photobucket
Pig racing was on the top of our list of what to see, so we checked it out and watched the warm up show with kids hopping on piggy balloons.





Photobucket
I was impressed with the amount of piggy balloons they had on display.....





Photobucket
.....but I suppose the real pigs were just as fun to watch.





Photobucket
The rookie pigs are ready to race!






Round 1!!!!!





Photobucket
The first race was fun to watch, but now it's time to step it up with the big boys!





Photobucket
The crowd is ready for another race!






Round 2!!!!!





Photobucket
I was mistaken when I thought the big boys were coming out to race. The next round of pigs were quite a sight to see!





Photobucket
The behemoth pigs are ready to go...this ought to be good.






Round 3!!!!!





Photobucket
Me and Liz both agreed the pig racing was definitely worth checking out.





Photobucket
I had no idea Liz had such an enthusiastic fascination for hot Wisconsin cheese.....





Photobucket
.....but she had no idea I felt the same way towards strawberry totem poles.





Photobucket
We took some time to look around at the jumbo glittery fruit exhibit.





Photobucket
The artist for this piece was excited about 75 amazing years celebrating the wonders of strawberries.





Photobucket
Liz was so excited she accidentally slapped the strawberry display in the face!





Photobucket
Take 2. Hands down...except for the strawberry.





Photobucket
Liz was quick to point out that the only time you'll ever see camo drapes mixed with pastel colors would be at a fair.





Photobucket
The Geico gecko took some time out from his busy schedule of saving people 15% or more off their car insurance to take a picture with us.





Photobucket
By the middle of the day I took a break in this swinging chair apparatus, which was a bad idea because I didn't want to get up. Liz had to pry me out and I ended up kicking and screaming for a good half hour.





Photobucket
Liz tried to cheer me up with a little bit of "tractor time," but that just wasn't doing it for me.





Photobucket
Then we stumbled upon a vendor selling a few fine choices of deep fried Pepsi and deep fried butter.....





Photobucket
.....we decided on the delicacy of the deep fried Pepsi.





Photobucket
I wasn't cranky anymore!





Photobucket
We continued to walk around and I bumped into my old crony Dr. VegDome. We go way back in the day of servin' up the other food groups.





Photobucket
Liz had to get another tractor time in for the day!





Photobucket
I decided to go with destruction time.





Photobucket
Liz had never been on the giant spinning swing ride...so we went on it!





Photobucket
It was a nice twirl in the sky.





Photobucket
That's no UFO...that's the twirlin' ride!





Photobucket
We found ourselves up in the sky in a double ferris wheel.....





Photobucket
.....with a lovely view of the fairness happening below.





Photobucket
I was astonished and confused all at the same time while riding in this crazy contraption!





Photobucket
I was also very thankful that the other ferris wheel above us did not fall and crush my skull.






Photobucket
Liz definitely had a lot more fun on this ride while I tried to refrain myself from shrieking in terror.





Photobucket
We made it back to the ground safely! I was very thankful.





Photobucket
We went on one last ride and it was Drop Zone! There's nothing more exciting than falling from the sky in a ride that was built from a truck!





Photobucket
The rides were fun but we sat down and took a break for a while.....





Photobucket
.....and we had the perfect scenic view of cheesy carnival prizes.





Photobucket
It was almost time to go, but before we do we had to stop and get some strawberry shortcake.





Photobucket
I was ready to tackle this!





Photobucket
Before.....





Photobucket
.....after.





Photobucket
Neither of us could finish what we took, but it was still a great dessert!





Photobucket
We happened to spot an enormous fake strawberry shortcake and Liz did not approve of this at all. What good can this possibly bring to society if it cannot be eaten?





Photobucket
Liz sat down in the strawberry throne and couldn't contain her excitement.





Photobucket
I told her to stay still for a just a few seconds and she managed to do so.





Photobucket
It was my turn to take over the strawberry throne!





Photobucket
All in all, it was a fun-filled strawberry-licious kinda day!





Fin.

No comments: