5.03.2010

Into the Deep of Wekiwa Springs

Liz and I went to Wekiwa Springs in an attempt to discover the dangerous swampy lands of Florida. Here's what happened!





Photobucket
We took a nice little stroll through on the walking trails.....





Photobucket
.....but paddling on a WATER trail seemed like a much better idea!





Photobucket
Liz was ready to go.





Photobucket
So was I.





Photobucket
We paddled into the deep of the swamp lands waiting to wrestle any alligators that we may encounter.





Photobucket
We were also on the lookout for any flying mythical beasts from above.





Photobucket
Liz and I went into a hidden area away from the main trail and took a quick break.





Photobucket
Liz was nice enough to turn around and say hello.





Photobucket
I said hello back to her and snapped a picture while I was at it.





Photobucket
I only paddle in the manliest way possible.





I made the attempt to get us back onto the main trail while Liz captured it on video.





Photobucket
Liz continued to play with the camera while I struggled to paddle the double kayak.





Liz and I had a really nasty fight, but once we both cooled off she turned the camera back on.





Photobucket
Those aren't my toes.





Photobucket
Liz was on the lookout for any hanging tree limbs.....





Photobucket
.....and sure enough she found one!





Photobucket
She pulled the kayak underneath at a blazing speed and almost knocked me out.





Photobucket
Remember how I mentioned we were on the lookout for flying mythical beasts? Well, we found one...so we checked that right off the list.





Photobucket
We also found some sort of block party...so we wrote that on our list and crossed it right off.





Photobucket
It was time to turn around and head back up the stream.....





Photobucket
.....which I was okay with because I'm afraid of bridge trolls.





Photobucket
Liz made a friend while we were paddling back.





Photobucket
She introduced me to her new friend.....





Photobucket
.....but I don't trust dragon flies so we didn't get along.





Liz couldn't help herself!





Photobucket
Gator sighting!





Photobucket
What a happy little fellow.





Photobucket
Liz impolitely points at the mother alligator and babies.





Photobucket
Remember how I mentioned we were on the lookout for alligators to wrestle? Well, we didn't wrestle them...BUT WE SAW A BUNCH! That counts as a half-check right off the list.





Photobucket
Liz didn't know I was taking a picture.....





Photobucket
.....but now she knows!





Photobucket
We made it back to the main lake with a little bit of time to spare so we chilled out for a little bit.





Photobucket
Keeping Liz's hat on her head is a team effort with me holding up her arm while she presses the hat directly into her scalp.





Photobucket
We spotted another gator! But neither of us wrestled it because we have no clue how to have fun.





Photobucket
Again, Liz impolitely points where she would like to explore.





Photobucket
But I convinced her to stay in the kayak so I can take another adorable picture of me and include her in it as well.





Photobucket
We had a great time...and it deserved one thumb up from each of us.





THE END!

No comments: