12.10.2010

A New Orleans Thanksgiving

This year my parents wanted to spend Thanksgiving in New Orleans, so Michael flew down from New York City and I flew up from Orlando. I had a lot of fun with them as always. Here are the pictures and a couple of videos to prove it!





Photobucket
My dad and mom met up with in the most Cajun-filled airport in the country.





Photobucket
We made it to the French Quarter!





Photobucket
I'm always a little weary about exploring new territories, but my mom helped me keep my cool while walking the streets.





Photobucket
The mama and papa take a nice stroll.





Photobucket
There were plenty of streets filled with gift shops, but this particular boulevard was hoppin' so we checked out a few of the stores.





Photobucket
My mom was jazzin' it up!





Photobucket
My dad was brimmin' it up.....





Photobucket
.....and I followed his lead.





Photobucket
At this point my mom got a little carried away, so we had to leave the store and give her a "time out."





Photobucket
"Time out" is over and now it's time to see more of the unique architecture that New Orleans has to offer.





Photobucket
For instance, this fancy lookin' Krystal joint.





Photobucket
All of that appreciation from the Krystal's building design really wore us out, so we went to the hotel and relaxed on the top floor.





Photobucket
That is one big river. I think I overheard it goes up to Mississippi or some place, but it's probably all lies.





Photobucket
I kept a close eye on the French Quarter...but not in a creepy way!





Photobucket
Michael was nice enough to drop in for the Thanksgiving holiday.





My mom tries her very best to figure out the hotel elevator.





Photobucket
We all went up to the top of the hotel to take in the majestic view.





Photobucket
Something had definitely stirred inside of Michael while being up there. It could have been indigestion.





Photobucket
My mom did a good job pretending to enjoy her time standing so close to the ledge.





Photobucket
It's time to go enjoy a Thanksgiving feast!





Photobucket
Michael can't hardly wait!






Photobucket
My mom chose this place and I think the main reason was because of their logo.





Photobucket
Michael takes a gander at their wide variety of chicken strips.





Photobucket
TWINS!!!!!





Photobucket
PARENTS WHO RAISED TWINS!!!!!





Photobucket
Everything must have been good because table looks like it's been licked clean.





Photobucket
Time for a stroll on Bourbon Street.





Photobucket
And it's also time to block a good amount of the tiny street to take a picture.





Photobucket
The next morning we headed over to the French Market and on our way Michael woke up to laughing at this sign.





Photobucket
If only I had a bowler hat and a huge 'stache.





Photobucket
We made it and charged right in to demanding for the best French Market Black Friday deals ever.





Photobucket
We didn't find any good deals...however, my mom did manage to find some very intricate jewelry lying around!





Photobucket
Clearly, there is too much excitement in the air.





Photobucket
We're leaving the French Market!





Photobucket
We went into a gift shop down the road where my mom encountered an alligator. She was staying perfectly still thinking that their vision is based off of movement.





Photobucket
Stylish!





Photobucket
It was such beautiful weather on this fine afternoon in fromt of the New Orleans St. Louis Cathedral.





Photobucket
We went to seek shelter!





Photobucket
I liked this place because there was plenty of head room for me.





Photobucket
Back on the streets!





Photobucket
Have I ever mentioned that Michael loves taking pictures with me.





Photobucket
Michael was a fast walker. This ain't NYC!





Photobucket
We went on a tour bus and they eventually dropped us off at an old cemetery. My mom wasn't too sure about this.





Photobucket
We pushed her inside so she can get the full New Orleans experience.





Photobucket
This angel totally saw us pushing her in.





Photobucket
Smoke break? If Michael smoked.





Photobucket
The tour bus was leaving soon so we needed to find our way out!





Photobucket
It was a good thing the cemetery was lined up in rows.





Photobucket
My mom was gettin' antsy to leave.





Photobucket
Later that night we were approached by some sort of GHOST DOG!!!!! But my mom is never afraid of cute spooky things.





Photobucket
Now that Thanksgiving is over it's officially Christmastime on Bourbon Street.





Photobucket
We stopped in at a place to listen to some good ol' fashioned New Orleans music and stay warm next to a pirate.





Photobucket
We walked into another place and had a front row seat to watch some more musicians to jazz it up. They were great!





Photobucket
My dad and I relaxed for a bit during the show…..





Photobucket
…..while my mom and Michael decided to be an extension of the show by doing their jazz hands bit.





Photobucket
We headed back out on Bourbon Street for a little while longer.





Photobucket
I was convinced that by the stroke of midnight these musicians would come to life, but we had other things to do so we didn't stick around for that nonsense.





Photobucket
I didn't have the heart to tell them that guy wasn't real.





Photobucket
There's nothing like a nice walk on a famous New Orleans street with blinding lights shining in your eyes.





Photobucket
We ended the night by heading over to Cafe Du Monde for their famous beignets.





Photobucket
They were quite tasty.





Photobucket
My parents agreed.





Photobucket
The next morning we walked around to burn off the calories from those deadly beignets.





Photobucket
What an appropriate New Orleans banner for twins.





Photobucket
It's time to meander along the river walk.





Photobucket
Michael was excited.





Photobucket
Michael likes to meander in the style of the villain from Terminator 2.





Photobucket
My parents like to meander like normal people.





Photobucket
Tugboat shot!





Photobucket
I had no idea what was going on, but I never miss an opportunity to point the finger at a small child.





Photobucket
We made it to the Riverwalk Marketplace and my mom was greeted by some kind of huge party elf.





Photobucket
We made it indoors and my mom was greeted by a big sleepy bear.





Photobucket
But when I got a closer look into his eyes I realized he was dead!





Photobucket
We saw this quite often in the city and my mom cracked up every time.





Photobucket
Michael enjoys trying on hats.





Photobucket
My mom enjoys opening glittery umbrellas indoors.





Photobucket
I enjoy running away from stalkers who turn out to be huge party elves.





Photobucket
When we walked back outside Michael took a bite from a fake lobster.





Photobucket
I tried the same but it didn't work out so well for me.





Photobucket
We left the Riverwalk Marketplace soon after because we couldn't handle too much of the excitement.





Photobucket
TWO DAT!!!!!





Photobucket
Michael decided to go a little nuts and try on another hat.





Photobucket
My parents did the same but I think they need to learn a few fashion tips from my brother.





Photobucket
I was a big fan of the hot sauce wall!





Photobucket
My mom was a big fan of the kitty masks.





Photobucket
Michael had a hard time guessing who was behind the mask.





CAJUN ZYDECO DANCE PARTY!!!!!





Photobucket
It was time to get a quick lunch so we asked for a seat where we could shake a traffic lamp back and forth. The seated us upstairs on the balcony right away!





Photobucket
My mom and dad had a nice lunch and politely blocked Michael and I from causing any trouble with that rickety old traffic lamp.





Photobucket
Michael and I had a good time eating our gator po' boy sandwiches…..Cajun style.





Photobucket
My mom said I didn't like Cajun style, but she don't know me!





Photobucket
So she just smiled and nodded.





Photobucket
We headed back to the hotel and said goodbye to my parents because it was time for Michael and I to head over to the airport.





Photobucket
I've never seem them so mesmerized by a cab pulling up to the curb.





Photobucket
So long mama!





Photobucket
I said goodbye to Michael as we went to separate terminals.





Photobucket
It would have been great to hang out with Michael in the same location at the airport, but I managed to have a party by myself.





Photobucket
I arrived back in Orlando and look who surprised me while I walked into the lobby…IT'S LIZ!!!!!





Photobucket
What a great way to end the trip!





Okay, that's it!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Ahhh!!!! This post made me miss your family! I love the video of your mom ! Where was Scott? Remember when Scott and I where in high school together. I annoyed him just about every day.

Brian said...

Aww...that's so nice of you to say Hillary! Yeah, my mom is always crazy in front of cameras! Scott was in Arizona because he couldn't get off work.