7.08.2008

4th of July at Daytona Beach

Photobucket
It was a fine morning to spend at home during the 4th of July, but in the middle of my relaxation Julie kidnapped me and began to drive north at a blazing speed.





Photobucket
According to this splendid illustration I could only assume we ended up at Daytona Beach.





Photobucket
Coincidentally, a bunch of other people we knew were at the same beach as well, AND THEY BEGGED JULIE AND I IF THEY COULD HANG OUT WITH US!





Photobucket
Ray smiles for the camera fully knowing that it will probably make it into a blog.





Photobucket
Stacy starts to rap about her thug life in O-Town and Malek does a great job holding in the laughter.





Photobucket
Then a bunch of us spotted a human-sized shrimp so we crowded around it and ate like savages. The shrimp seemed to enjoy being eaten alive, so it only encouraged Ray and I to go at it even more.





Photobucket
Theresa throws a pitch at the fake catcher.





Photobucket
I wind up the ol' canon and totally threw like a man.





Photobucket
The fake catcher was playing a horrible game so he was told by the fake coach to hit the fake showers. Ray decided to fill in to make the fake coach proud.....





Photobucket
.....he also pitched to himself, which was very impressive.





Photobucket
After warming up with some fake baseball, players Ray and I decided to hit up the arcade and battle it out in ski-ball.





Photobucket
We are clearly ski-ball pros.





Photobucket
We're halfway through the round and apparently Ray is winning so far.





Photobucket
Time to get my A-game on for the remaining throws.....





Photobucket
.....and surprisingly I ended up winning.





Photobucket
Ray had nothing on me when we showed off the tickets.





Photobucket
And now it's Theresa VS. Julie!!!





Photobucket
Both of them take each roll very seriously.





Photobucket
Julie looks like she is determined to win all of the tickets inside the ski-ball machine.





Photobucket
Julie rolls one last ball before earning a final score.





Photobucket
Theresa rolls her last ball while Julie waits to see who has the high score.





Photobucket
They both tied so I guess that was nice.....but it's not as fun.





Photobucket
Ray and I are in charge of security at the arcade when we're not playing around.....





Photobucket
.....the only problem is WE'RE ALWAYS PLAYING AROUND, so we're never in charge of security!





Photobucket
We all crammed into a photo booth and took pictures with my camera it's because $5.00 cheaper that way.





Photobucket
I busted out my martial arts moves as Ray and I begin to BATTLE IT OUT once again, but this time it's a game of air hockey.





Photobucket
Ray shows no fear from the bustin' of my martial arts moves.





Photobucket
The I started some name-calling and quickly discovered that was Ray's one and only weakness.





Photobucket
I may look like I'm having fun but I'm terrified by small hovering discs, which is actually my one and only weakness.






Photobucket
Ray learns to ignore my name-calling and focuses in on the game like a freakin' laser beam.





Photobucket
I try my best to play defense.....






.....but apparently I am no match against Ray in this game.





Photobucket
It was a close game (7-6) so Ray and I shook afterwards and I gave him an extra squeeze to congratulate him on a job well done.





Photobucket
Afterwards, I took a quick snap with Big Bertha who was one of my fans watching from the sidelines.





Photobucket
Now it's time for the girls to play.





Photobucket
Theresa is ready to play a nice, friendly game.....





Photobucket
.....but Julie didn't drive all the way to Daytona Beach to play nice!





Photobucket
Theresa catches the puck after Julie fires it off at a blazing speed!






Photobucket
WWHHOOOOAAAAAAAA!!!!!





Photobucket
Ray was able to get a good seat at this game.





Photobucket
Julie seems to be amused by one of her shots and I seem to be amused by the camera flash.





Photobucket
Julie lost the game but Ray knows how she feels looking back on his ski-ball experience.





Photobucket
Theresa and Julie gave each other a "good game" hug.





Photobucket
I wanted to try out the Spin-N-Win to score some more tix.





Photobucket
CA-CHHHIINNNNNGGG!!!!!





Photobucket
Theresa ended up getting a cheap water gun and a mini Tootsie Roll with all of our tickets combined.





Photobucket
Ray was sorta excited about the Tootsie Roll.





Photobucket
Although I was a little infuriated that he didn't share the grub.





Photobucket
As we left the arcade we encountered a pirate and Julie had to fight him just like old times back in St. Augustine, so I decided to help out since I was in the mood for fightin' Irish style.





Photobucket
The pirate barely laid a finger on us and we were down for the count, so Ray tried to defend us but it wasn't looking so good from him either.....





Photobucket
.....but Ray made some compliments to the pirate about how nice his beard looked when it was trimmed and all was forgiven.






Photobucket
Still, we were wondering where police were during the fight, and Ray discovered that they've been trapped inside the Daytona station ever since the new stairway was built.





Photobucket
It was time to get into the cold beach water....





Photobucket
.....and then run away from the waves.





Photobucket
I spotted Julie way out there with my hawk vision.





Photobucket
Then I started to pick a fight with the ocean.....





Photobucket
.....but I wasn't winning at all.





Photobucket
At least Julie was having a good time.





Photobucket
I continued to gracefully play in the ocean water.





Photobucket
The waves began to engulf Julie after the ocean had enough with me.





Photobucket
I tried my best to swim back to shore before another wave rolled on through.....





Photobucket
.....but I ended up tasting some more salt water since I wasn't quick enough.





Photobucket
The ocean and I have gone through some tough times together, but I still give it a thumbs up.





Photobucket
Julie is still out there taking all the hits from the crashing waves.





Photobucket
Ray watches me go out into the water and can't wait to see me get washed up along the shore again.





Photobucket
You can barely see me but I'm a-comin'!





Photobucket
Ray thinks that must have hurt.





Photobucket
He also thinks the water is a tidbit chilly.





Photobucket
I made it out of the ocean water alive so Stacy and I celebrate by taking a crazy pic.





Photobucket
It was time for another group shot for whatever reason.





Photobucket
It was nice to hang out at the site for a while.....





Photobucket
.....and watch Jeremy and Stacy scarf down the watermelon slices.





Photobucket
A few people decided to play a board game.....





Photobucket
.....while Julie and I pretended like we sculpted a few dolphins in the sand.





Photobucket
Nighttime came and the games were still going on.....





Photobucket
......and I met up with an old friend.





Photobucket
THEN THE FIREWORKS BEGAN TO SHOOT OUT AT THE PIER!!!!!





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket
Julie and I are always amazed at fireworks.





Photobucket
But now it was time to drive back to O-Town because Julie wanted to unkidnapp me since the day was over. We were still amazed from the fireworks show and our jaws were locked down in this position the whole way back. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who takes all the photos? do you hire someone nearby so that everyone (most importantly you) get camera time?

Anonymous said...

You guys should seriously have your own damn show! You guys are Hysterical!!!