9.25.2008

An Afternoon With Nils Thingvall

My friend Nils planned a trip to O-Town not too long ago, so when he scheduled to have a gathering to play a few board games I was definitely in! It was great to hang out with both Nils and his girlfriend Jen for an afternoon. Nils was nice enough to send me his pictures once he made it back to Colorado and so I decided to post a few of them here. This is also the debut BriGuyHogie blog for my friends Jim and Jenn Elder, which I am sure they are very excited to be a part of and if they aren't then they should be.





Photobucket
Nils calmly chuckles as he spends time with Jen and a few other friends around the table.....





Photobucket
I showed up to the party without giving anyone warning, but judging by Jenn's smile she didn't seem to mind.





Photobucket
No one from our group has ever played Cranium Pop 5, so we spent most of our time trying to figure out if this apparatus took batteries or was solar powered.





Photobucket
We moved into a larger area to play another round of Pop 5 and I started to throw a nasty tantrum.





Photobucket
This is the image you should have in your mind whenever someone says, "so many choices, so little time."





Photobucket
I "borrowed" Nils' camera because I wanted to show off my broad shoulders.





Photobucket
I just discovered the difference between margarine and butter while Julie was trying to pay attention to the game.





Photobucket
Nils began to play his own patented game called How Long Can I Keep My Eyes Open Like This.





Photobucket
I had a time out for doing something wrong, but I don't remember what I did so whatever.





Photobucket
Jen is absorbed into the game while Nils joins me in celebration as I was granted permission to leave my time out forever.





Photobucket
I stole a Pop 5 chip when no one was looking and then accidentally swallowed it after taking this picture.





Photobucket
Jim thought it was cute to see me choking on a plastic chip, and Jenn thought it was cute watching Jim see me choke on a plastic chip.





Photobucket
I suffocated for a few seconds but I eventually got it down the right pipe.





Photobucket
Once I was able to breathe normally again we continued playing the Pop 5 game.





Photobucket
Nils wasn't too sure if he wanted to sit next to me anymore.





Photobucket
I had no idea why!





Photobucket
But make sure you get on his good side OR ELSE YOU WILL FEEL HIS WRATH!!!!!





Photobucket
Jim spoke about Nils in a slightly disrespectful manner about his "wrath," so Jim was smitten by the wrath of Nils and is now familiar with his bad side.





Photobucket
Nils wanted to "Pump Up The Jam" so I joined in because I truly feared his wrath.





Photobucket
Everyone is happy when Nils is happy!





Photobucket
Even the Cranium characters were happy!





Photobucket
Which led us to our next game we were going to play.....





Photobucket
.....the one and only, Cranium.






Photobucket
I'm a big fan of the Cloodle games.....





Photobucket
.....but I'm a bigger fan of acting stupid in front of cameras.





Photobucket
As the game went on I tried my best to study Nils' strategic playing.





Photobucket
I also enjoy showing off my huge guns...I can't help it.





Photobucket
Julie used me as a puppet and tried to get our team to guess that I was surfing.





Photobucket
But both Jen and Jenn were occupied with the thought of when I was going to leave.





Photobucket
I told them, "probably in about ten minutes or so," and Jenn was excited...Jen thought it was way too much time.





Photobucket
Jenn joined in on the fun by bustin' out her mad Cloodle skillz!





Photobucket
While a middle aged Cranium woman watched from the sidelines.





Photobucket
And Jim started to do impressions of Nils while he was in the kitchen.





Photobucket
I couldn't believe what I was seeing after Jim felt the wrath of Nils earlier in the day!





Photobucket
Nils came back and missed the whole thing.....





Photobucket
.....or did he?!





Photobucket
Nils kept quiet at the moment, but there's no telling what would happen to Jim later on.





Photobucket
Apparently Nils has the power to transform matter into anything he wishes, so I kept on smiling to stay on Nils' good side as tried to get used to the new Jim.






The End...I guess.

No comments: