9.10.2008

Key West Trip

I went on a road trip down to Key West with my friends Ray and Tony a few weeks ago, so please enjoy this epic blog adventure!





Photobucket
Ray starts up his car in the driveway and is ready to back out.....





Photobucket
.....but me and Tony fear for our lives because we were not aware Ray was going to drive out of Orlando in reverse the entire time.





Photobucket
Tony was a little shaken at first, but Ray maneuvered a 180 degree spin on the high way and we headed down south in a forward motion.





Photobucket
We stopped at a Chick-Fil-A and even though I have eaten the food before, I was excited this time around because I was almost 100% certain I have actually never been inside any of their restaurants.





Photobucket
Usually anything made out of cardboard makes me happy.





Photobucket
I don't usually like to brag about myself, but I look good with hooves.





Photobucket
I am definitely 100% certain Tony thinks I look good in hooves and that he wasn't planning on running out the door.





Photobucket
We're back on the road and wondering where Key West could be.....





Photobucket
.....that was easy.





Photobucket
I rewarded myself with a 6 second nap after photographing that road sign.





Photobucket
As we drove through the Keys we were amazed by the beautiful weather that awaited our arrival.





Photobucket
We made it to Key West.





Photobucket
The following morning we rented ourselves some bicycles as a means of convenient transportation.





Photobucket
It was nice to ride around through the dry streets of Key West.....





Photobucket
......until we encountered a large area of soggy pavement caused by a heavy rain storm the previous night.





Photobucket
Tony rode through the water and dodging sea weed every which way.





Photobucket
Ray pretty much did the same only with no hands.





Photobucket
The Southernmost Point was neat to see even if the waves were a little choppy.





Photobucket
Then it became a little less visible while a mighty surge of sea water was about to chop me up real good.





Photobucket
Tony was more than happy to take a picture of Ray and I at "The Point" as we risked our lives getting washed away out towards Cuba.





Photobucket
After barely surviving the tides we headed out of the area while the next person was about to jeopardize his life.





Photobucket
Tony and I watched Ray ride around the street in circles while we tried to think of something else to do.





Photobucket
Ray grew tired of us trying to figure out what the do next and circled his way over to the end of US 1 to hang out in the shade.





Photobucket
We all went over to Mallory Square to check out the view.





Photobucket
It was breathtaking.





Photobucket
And the other side was even more incredible.





Photobucket
I pointed towards the ocean just so Ray and Tony knew where it was.





Photobucket
Tony had enough of me pointed at large bodies of water and started to play Space Invaders on his phone.





Photobucket
Ray and I rode around for a bit through another part of town.





Photobucket
The beaches were remarkable.....





Photobucket
.....especially when surrounded by the murky water of the Keys after a storm.





Photobucket
I was just being cool as usual and Ray was feeling cooler that he didn't even want to look at the camera.





Photobucket
And then he flew off because he was no longer cool enough to hang with me.





Photobucket
While I waited for Ray to get back from his flight I was getting a bit hungry.





Photobucket
But I didn't even want to eat the coconut because I wanted to show off to Ray how cool I was next to a palm tree.





Photobucket
I waited for a while and Ray still had not shown up, so I tried a different approach to make it seem like I was cool.





Photobucket
Later in the evening Tony and Ray headed back over to Mallory Square.....





Photobucket
.....and I followed along hoping I would be cool enough to hang out by the time we got over there.





Photobucket
Ray was curious to see what was going on.





Photobucket
It appears that a street performer was about to do a trick with the help from a few volunteers.






HERE IS THE GRAND FINALE!!!!!





Photobucket
After the big show Tony and Ray stopped over to the Key West Museum of Art & History and scoped things out.





Photobucket
Word on the street was "the giant suitcase" was a hot spot to check out.





Photobucket
I didn't feel too comfortable around the locals though so I kept my distance....





Photobucket
.....and hung out with Hemingway instead because word on the street is he likes to party.





Photobucket
The next morning I wok up and saw a chicken near the pool.....





Photobucket
.....but it was ignoring me most of the time for some reason.





Photobucket
Then I met up with a kitty and it hung out with me for breakfast....





Photobucket
.....but for some reason it also ignored me later on.





Photobucket
We headed back over to the Key West Museum of Art & History to check out what was inside!





Photobucket
Ray got a free peck from a fake Marilyn Monroe and it was pretty hot.





Photobucket
Here is what Ray would look like if he was in Cuba.





Photobucket
Here is what I would look like if I was in Paris.





Photobucket
Here is also what I would look if I was fighting a live wooden crab.





Photobucket
Key West from a distance.....





Photobucket
.....and getting closer.....




Photobucket
.....and even closer!





Photobucket
I paid it forward for the day by starting up a boat for one of the locals.





Photobucket
Then they told me I could get a Coke down the hall for my good deeds and there was nothing in it.....THOSE LOCALS JIPPED ME!!!!!





Photobucket
If I went to prom back in the day it would probably look like this.





Photobucket
I met up with some normal-sized locals and I got along with them rather well.....





Photobucket
.....until I started acting like my true self and then the told me to get off their property.





Photobucket
Ray really would have liked to have gotten a peck from this gal and I would have liked to capture the hotness of that moment.





Photobucket
We left the museum and headed back onto to US 1 where there wasn't much shade.





Photobucket
And this time we all got in for a picture at "The Point."





Photobucket
Ray and I explored behind "The Point" because no one ever seems to take photos of it on the other side.





Photobucket
Apparently word on the street spread around quickly that this was the hot spot to be so we left because it was getting too crowded and we were sick of concrete.





Photobucket
So Ray and I decided to go check out a fort because we were pretty sure there wasn't going to be any trace of concrete at this location.





Photobucket
Ray stuck his head in a cannon because he didn't see any reason not to.....





Photobucket
.....but he found out a pretty good reason why he shouldn't have done that after I lit the wick in the back.





Photobucket
I walked into a hazardous area because I really didn't see any reason not to.....





Photobucket
......but I found out a pretty good reason why I shouldn't have done this after Ray pulled the boulder lever off to the side.





Photobucket
Ray quickly explored a portion of the fort while I was digging myself out underneath the rocks.





Photobucket
After breaking free from the rubble I had an opportunity to get Ray back...even though I started it by shooting a cannon in his face.





Photobucket
But once again I was trapped inside the fort as the boulders fell on top of Ray and I was too lazy to squeeze through the hole next to me.





Photobucket
Luckily, Ray found a larger exit so I followed his lead.





Photobucket
I met up with the original Iron Man and we had to snap a pic.





Photobucket
I was inspiring him to follow his dreams and that there are more forts to visit out there in the world.





Photobucket
I always follow every inspirational talk I give with a dramatic disco dance. It's just my style so don't question it.





Photobucket
After spending too much time at an empty fort we decided to head out.





Photobucket
Not only did we find a beach but I found some rocks I wanted to climb on.





Photobucket
Ray was already set to go before I could put my finger down.





Photobucket
I took a while to climb around mainly because I didn't want a huge wooden crab come out of the water and pinch me.





Photobucket
We like rocks.





Photobucket
Ray tried to summon the tide up so he can ride catch a wave back to shore...surprisingly it didn't work.





Photobucket
I did, however, almost fell off a rock.





Photobucket
But I managed to stay on so hooray for me.





Photobucket
After making back to shore safely it began to rain heavily, but we took our time to get back to the hotel because we weren't going to make it back anytime quickly.





Photobucket
I found my little kitty friend again and i was still ignoring me!





Photobucket
We all go in the car and headed out of Key West.....





Photobucket
.....which was weird because I didn't think we were leaving until a few days later.





Photobucket
It turned out Ray's car drove us to a miniature golf course, so it must have been a sign that we needed to play.





Photobucket
Tony takes the game seriously even if he has a fun looking yellow ball.





Photobucket
Ray tries his best to play a serious game by using a serious looking black ball.





Photobucket
I tried my best to balance things out and not take anything serious at all.





Photobucket
Then Ray joined in because it's Ray.





Photobucket
I did a fabulous job of putting into the mini rivers.





Photobucket
Tony was impressed with my game.





Photobucket
Ray had flag pole duty.....





Photobucket
.....and he did a nice job at it.





Photobucket
Just down the way a plastic caveman was reeling in a mini plastic white whale.





Photobucket
I was quite impressed.





Photobucket
Ray tried to focus on the game while another plastic caveman was yelling for me to take a picture.





Photobucket
Then a plastic Buddha kept bugging us to take a picture as well.....





Photobucket
......so Ray and I got in as well.





Photobucket
We headed back to Key West and Ray and I decided to check out "The Point" and make sure it wasn't stolen.





Photobucket
To be honest I was a little surprised it was still there.





Photobucket
As we rode through town we found a jumbo sized chair, so we of course had to take it for a test run.





Photobucket
Now it was Ray's turn to test it out and after that we called it a night!





Photobucket
The next morning I was interrupted by a plastic sea turtle who seemed perfectly fine to me so I continued to mind my own business in one of the various gift shops.





Photobucket
Apparently the captain doesn't know the meaning of failure...probably because he blames it on other people.





Photobucket
And apparently Ray Hill is a bathing beauty...probably because he's looking seductive.





Photobucket
And apparently no photography is allowed in this particular gift shop so I was thrown out by a genuine Key West sea creature.





Photobucket
If that boat doesn't watch out it's going to back up right into that island.





Photobucket
Here I am outside on a beautiful day while waiting for the boat to collide into the island.





Photobucket
If there's one thing I'm afraid of it's plastic sharks with TEETH!





Photobucket
But I got my mind off of that rather quickly when I found a pizza hat!





Photobucket
Then me and Ray tried on a few animal hats.....





Photobucket
.....and went with beer and pizza afterwards.





Photobucket
I really liked the pizza hat.....





Photobucket
.....but I guess the chicken was pretty sweet.





Photobucket
It was now time for us to become men and go snorkeling.





Photobucket
Ain't no turnin' back now!





Photobucket
Ray wasn't exactly sure where he was at the moment.....





Photobucket
.....so I pointed out that we are in the ocean.





Photobucket
Tony decided to jump into the ocean I had clearly pointed out earlier.





Photobucket
And away he goes!





Photobucket
I jump on in now and try my best not to drown.





Photobucket
I probably swam around in circles a few times without even knowing it.





Photobucket
I gave one thumbs up for not drowning yet and another thumbs up for circles.





Photobucket
Most of our group swimming around looking at the fish in the reef below.





Photobucket
Tony heads his way back on to the boat.





Photobucket
I believe he sees me with the camera at this point.





Photobucket
Now he definitely sees me with the camera.





Photobucket
And now he doesn't care anymore.





Photobucket
Tony and I take one last breather before heading back out into the water again.





Photobucket
We're all finished with snorkeling now and so it's time for drinks!





Photobucket
I was very pleased (yet tired) that I did not die in the ocean.





Photobucket
Key West Snorkeling Expedition '08 picture!





Photobucket
Tony was in a gleeful mood to see me alive.





Photobucket
Here is my attempt of a dramatic pose out at sea. If you're not satisfied with this then maybe I'll try again later.





Photobucket
Ray helps out hoisting up the sail.





Photobucket
I documented the sail hoisting.





Photobucket
Tony and I were in awe of the hoisting.





Photobucket
The sail is now hoisted.





Photobucket
I was quite impressed with the sail hoisting and Ray felt like he was all that and then some.





Photobucket
The sun was setting as we headed back to Key West.





Photobucket
I was hanging out on the upper part of the boat to keep an eye on the sun in case anything unnatural would happen, in which case I would then report directly to the captain.





Photobucket
Here is my other dramatic pose out at sea. Hopefully one of the two will meet your needs of amusement.





Photobucket
The next morning I met up with a different cat for a little while.





Photobucket
It was a nice cat...and kinda blind.





Photobucket
MORE POULTRY!!!!!





Photobucket
Ray and I take one last ride on the bikes.





Photobucket
That truck came outta nowhere!





Photobucket
I said goodbye to Old Blu-Ray. I know this makes me a geek but I don't care.





Photobucket
It's time to get back into the car and hit the road.





Photobucket
So long Key West.





Photobucket
And so long weird smelling sea water!





Photobucket
The water finally looked pretty nice on the day we were driving across the bridges.





Photobucket
But to be honest I would have gotten ssssooooo sick of the water if it was this blue. This looks gross!





Photobucket
As you can clearly see we stopped at a Tiki Bar.





Photobucket
I wasn't afraid of this plastic shark since it didn't have any teeth so Tony and I proudly showed off our pearly whites.





Photobucket
I tried to play hide and seek on the dock but there's limited places to conceal yourself.





Photobucket
Ray yelled out he found me but I didn't know we were still playing the game after 15 minutes later.





Photobucket
We discovered Kokomo!





Photobucket
And I partied it down with the locals.





Photobucket
Then I partied it down with Tony who was playing it cool off to the side.





Photobucket
Ray takes the stage and partied it up Reggae style.....





Photobucket
.....then I came along and partied it up in whatever style I party it up as.





Photobucket
Then we finished it off with an amazing grand finale.





Photobucket
I was a little thirsty and needed a drink but the Kokomo people like to tease me.





Photobucket
We got back in the car and began to safely head towards Orlando somehow.





Photobucket
Ray put the pedal to the medal on the home stretch.





Photobucket
I figured if I didn't die out at sea then I don't have to be afraid of Ray's road rage, and Tony just isn't afraid of anything at all.





Photobucket
On our way back Tony showed us a park that is named after his family.





Photobucket
I was impressed.





Photobucket
We made it back safely and now it's time to go our separate ways and never speak about the trip ever again.





The End.

No comments: